Why You Need an Investment Property Realtor
Updated: May 6
Choosing the right Realtor in any housing transaction—be it residential or commercial—is the key to a smooth process when buying or selling. Remember, Realtors are professionals and have a strict code of ethics; they are familiar with the process and KNOW what works to get the deal done.
There’s a distinct difference between a Realtor who helps you buy or sell your home vs. Realtors who serve those who are investors.
Good investment property Realtors:
· Understand the numbers
· May have off-market deals
· Are often experts on different facets of investing…fix and flip, buy and hold, …
· Best if they actually have investing experience themselves
· Can help prepare the best deal, avoid delays or costly mistakes
· Can usually connect you to the proper resources, especially if you’re a new investor—mortgage, lending, contractors, rehabbers, hard money, etc.
· Understand there are many factors and angles to a deal, and can help negotiate what works best
· Have up to date experience on the market and trends (example: inventory is low right now and as a Realtor it takes skills and techniques to win in multiple offers)
· Know the current laws and regulations that impact real estate investors (example: zoning allowances, changed landlord rules…)
· Can be your rock during emotional moments…
I am leader of the Encore Investment Team. We have direct experience in regular transactions including rent to own, fix n flip, wholesale, off market deals, turnkey rentals, multifamily and commercial transactions. I’ve owned all of the above, and so many unique situations make up a great deal. Nothing speaks more than experience, even with the Realtor you choose.
Be smart….find yourself an investment property Realtor!
If you want training to get started as a real estate investor, take a look at my Proven Profit Formula online course including group coaching with LeAnn.